I’m having turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls, pickled eggs, and pumpkin pie. I love Thanksgiving food!
Anyway, I thought I’d share my grandmother’s recipe for pickled eggs if anyone wants to try it, they’re really good. :x I know it’s a bit late, but you can make these anytime.
One dozen pickled eggs
What you need:
- 2 quart jar
- 1 dozen eggs
- Heinz apple cider vinegar
- 1 can of whole beets
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes, drain water and rinse with cold water and let cool. Peel the eggs and put them in the jar.
- Drain the juice from the can of beets into a pan and add 12 ounces of Heinz apple cider vinegar and 3/4 cup of sugar. Place the beets in the jar. Bring the beet juice, vinegar, and sugar to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour the beet juice, vinegar, and sugar into the jar over the eggs and beets. Let cool, then refrigerate.
- For best results, pickle eggs 1 week in advance.
I’m Erin, a 36 year old childfree woman with autism living in 🌵 Arizona. I enjoy 💻 blogging, 🎬 movies, 📖 reading, ✏ journal writing, Android, The X-Files, Stranger Things, 🎶 metal, 80’s and electronic music, cute things, 🦆 ducks & 🐦 birds, pink, social networks, Hello Kitty, and Pusheen.