My mom got this great recipe years ago from a friend, so I thought I’d share how to make Christmas cutout cookies (or you can just make them round if you want). Note: I’m not sure how many cookies this is for.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Warm butter and mix well with sugar. Add egg, vanilla, almond, flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and mix together to make dough.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375. Divide dough in half and roll it out with flour. Use cookie cutters if desisred. Bake Cookies for 7-8 minutes.
- To make the frosting add 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, 1 tsp almond, salt, and some milk and mix together in a bowl. Add food coloring if desired. Spread frosting over cookies once they have cooled. Add sprinkles if desired. Let frosting dry.