Happy New Year. I watched the fireworks last night (they set them off early because of noise ordinances) and after that, I fell asleep. It’s unusual that I’ve been sleeping because I usually don’t because of insomnia. I’m just so tired from being stressed about moving. I have to move in exactly one month and there’s so much to do. I’ve been selling stuff on eBay to get rid of things I don’t need or use anymore and I still need to decide what I can donate or throw away. I don’t even have many moving boxes yet. I don’t have a vehicle to haul them. They may have to be ordered online.
Anyway, I hope this year is better for me and anyone else who had a rough 2017.
I saw this writing prompt entry and decided to do it.
Reflecting on last year
- A happy memory was having a period of time when I wasn’t feeling so depressed for a few months.
- I was challenged by figuring out how to do sponsored blog posts. It took me some time to learn how to do it correctly.
- I was surprised by the election results.
- I learned to just ignore my new neighbors, even though they drive me nuts.
- I regret treating some people poorly because of mood swings and depression.
- I accomplished one of my goals of writing more.
- I feel good about going to a new therapist.
- I took care of myself by going to regular doctor and therapy visits.
- I wasted time/energy on worrying about things I can’t control.
- I’m grieving a friendship I had to end.
- I’m angry about the results of the election and how it will affect people, and how other people tend to treat me.
- I’m grateful for a place to live.
Looking forward to the new year
- I’m excited about new series and movies coming to Netflix.
- I plan to just keep going.
- I’m worried about losing my insurance and other things.
- When things don’t go as planned I will research an alternative.
- I wish for better health.
- This year is going to be great because it’s a fresh start.
- My intention for this year is to make it better than the last.
- I will take care of myself by spending much needed time to myself.
- Every day I plan to do something I enjoy.
- I will show myself compassion by not beating myself up for my mistakes.
- This year I want to add more friends to my life.
- I will accept myself by embracing my good qualities.
- I will accept others by listening to them.
- I will focus on doing what I can do and be ok if some things don’t get done immediately. One step at a time.
On New Year’s Eve, there were fireworks but I wasn’t able to see them well with all the trees in the way. They were on the other side of the complex and this place is huge. The country club next door does them. I didn’t have enough time to get over there because they were over so quickly. The fireworks on the 4th of July and New Year’s Eve used to be good, now they’re not. Probably budget cuts or something. I really wanted to go to the music festival that was on Friday and Saturday night, but the tickets were very expensive and the transportation would have cost too much because it was a bit far.
I’m actually glad the holidays are over because they make me depressed. Today I spent most of the day in bed because I just felt so lousy. I met with my new therapist last week and he seemed really nice. He thinks I’m depressed because of the holidays too.
I got a notice on my door the other day that the water here is going to be off from January 3-6 from 8-5. That’s really crazy. Whenever there is a leak, water to the entire property has to be shut off. They’re doing this to fix it so that doesn’t have to happen. It’s still really inconvenient to be without water for 8 hours for 3 days. I will have to put water in containers to get by until it’s back on in the evening.
Anyway, I hope everyone had a good holiday. I hope this year is better. I’m terrible at keeping New Year’s resolutions, so my resolution for this year is to just keep going.
“It isn’t only a new year; it is a new chance for everyone to restart.” – Mohammed Sekouty
Edit: I’m no longer updating/using my other blogs hosted on Tumblr. I forgot my login information so I’m unable to delete them. This will be the only blog I will have.
I know I’m a bit late, but I hope this year is better because 2015 was by far my worst year ever. Unfortunately, things from 2015 are still lingering into the new year, like the legal stuff. My next court date is February 2nd. I’m pretty nervous about it. I’m still having issues with my apartment, I wish the exterminator could get rid of these damn rats! I hate them! He’s coming on Tuesday (he comes every Tuesday). Maintenance came a few days ago in search of access points (holes) to see how they’re getting in, and they said probably from behind the stove. So they pulled the stove out and patched some holes behind there. Still didn’t help. Everybody is stumped, they don’t know how they’re getting in.
I was also pretty upset when I logged into my bank account a few days ago to see unauthorized charges. Someone got my debit card information and made 3 donations to some charity in Pakistan. They were only for $0.99, but still. I wasn’t able to dispute the charges yet because they were still pending on my bank’s end. They closed the card and I have a new one coming, which is going to take at least a week.
Anyway, as you can see, I put up a new theme. Finally! It’s pretty simple but I like it.
[custom_field field=”mood” post_id=”2566″ limit=”0″ before=”Mood: ” after=”” between=”, ” /]
[custom_field field=”music” post_id=”2566″ limit=”0″ before=”Listening to: ” after=”
” between=”, ” /]
Some things I need to do early in the year, some will take some time to work on. So far this is my to do list:
- Get my car fixed.
- Stop spending so much money.
- Quit smoking.
- Go to the library and start reading more again, and read the books I bought.
- Get out more.
- Get a better handle on my anxiety.
- Continue working with my doctor to get me better.
- Consider seeing a therapist again.
- Write in my diary more to keep track of what’s going on and how I’m feeling.
- Stop drinking so much soda and drink more water.
- Get my apartment better organized and decluttered.
[custom_field field=”mood” post_id=”2255″ limit=”0″ before=”Mood: ” after=”” between=”, ” /]
[custom_field field=”music” post_id=”2255″ limit=”0″ before=”Listening to: ” after=”
” between=”, ” /]
Edit: My car won’t start, what a way to bring in the new year. :-(
I know it’s not New Year’s yet, but I figured I post this in case I’m asleep after midnight (I was up at 5:30 this morning). I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year. <:-P
I few other Christmas gifts I ordered with my Christmas money came today. A Hello Kitty wallet/phone case in one, and a necklace.
What are your New Year’s resolutions (if you have any)? Mine is to quit smoking.
[custom_field field=”mood” post_id=”2234″ limit=”0″ before=”Mood: ” after=”” between=”, ” /]
[custom_field field=”music” post_id=”2234″ limit=”0″ before=”Listening to: ” after=”
” between=”, ” /]
I wish it was a happy new year, tonight I’m left shaken up. There was a shooting in my neighborhood, one cop was shot along with another person after a robbery gone bad. What’s scary is that I was at the store the shooting happened at about an hour before. Thank God I was back home when it happened.
I was watching a movie with a friend when we heard loud bangs, but they were only fireworks. I think it was in poor taste to have fireworks after a shooting like that happened. Four suspects are still on the loose so I don’t feel very safe. What a way to bring in the new year. People are crazy.